Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nigh-Finished!

The knitting is finished! I gave the hoodie a bath in Soak, found out she was too big to spin out in my salad spinner so I had to squeeze her dry by hand, and she is all pinned out:

DSCN0328

It's not as huge as it looks - I took the picture at a bad angle. I made the largest size - 48" chest so it would give me about 4" of ease - I didn't want this snug at all. I also lopped about 3 inches off the length because I am terribly short-waisted.

Here are the buttons I bought for the hoodie:

DSCN0333

I knew I wanted metal buttons, and these bronze ones are perfect! The wool (Northampton from WEBS - bought at last year's Stitches East) has the odd yellow fleck in it, so silver was out of the running. I also like the celtic knotwork look of it - it goes well with the cables.

Lucky was very interested through the entire process:

DSCN0334

"You know I am going to sleep on this at some point before it is dry, don't you?"

9 comments:

Zonda said...

Perfect buttons for it! Can't wait to see it dry!

turtlegirl76 said...

Beautiful buttons! I used silver ones in the same design for my CPH. =)

Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Oh yeah you'll wake up today to find an odd patch of cat hair on your nicely blocked sweater. ;0)

Love the buttons they're perfect.

LizzieK8 said...

Next time roll it up in bath towels and stomp on it. It really gets most of the excess water out!

tara said...

Salad spinner? Great idea. And love the bottons. They are very you.

Mom said...

looking good!

Mel said...

Amazing! People like you who can do such things truly impress me. Great job!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the buttons!! Have fun at Stitches!

freshisle said...

Love the colour, and wonderful buttons, too!
Everyone needs a furry helper. Very cute.