Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WiP It Wednesday

Why, yes - real knitting has been going on around here.

Remember my Reverse Mullet Jaywalkers (party in the front, business in the back?). I am about 3 rows away from kitchnering the toe and starting on the second sock.

DSCN0602

Despite the fact that the sock is holy crap pink, I'm still holding onto hope that these socks fit me - but there is no way I am going to try them on until after the baby is born and the swelling has gone down.

DSCN0604

And then there are my ugly socks. I know I threatened to frog these - but sometimes a girl just needs a pair of plain jane socks that she doesn't need to think about when she knits.

DSCN0608

I started this hat - a secret project - I won't get into who it is for because I'm really not sure whether that person reads my blog or not. In any case, it is Halfdome from Knitty knit in Malabrigo Silky Merino in Archangel. So soft! I could knit these all day just to feel the yarn. I decided to go with an inch of 2x2 ribbing rather than a rolled brim.

DSCN0605

And my final WIP is still progressing - here is your weekly Sprog fix:

SepiaSprog1.12.11

I found out today that while she is still head down, she is also 'sunny side up,' meaning that her back is to my back. Babies are supposed to come out with their backs to the mom's front - it makes for a smoother exit. Willow was also sunny side up, so I had some painful labour where she kept banging up against my pubic bone rather than sliding out. Here we go again -

6 comments:

Kaye said...

Ugh. Yeah, Chunky was sunny side up. Holy crap. He got stuck on my pubic bone. Thus the csection and the dent on his forehead when they finally got him free. Damn big headed boys! Ha ha!

Hee hee, I love those mullet Jaywalkers.

Mel said...

Bren was a sunnyside up baby too. Held things up for hours, I can relate. LOL

tara said...

Love the pink socks.
I want to see teeny tiny pink socks next.

Zonda said...

Wow, those are pink! So hoping the mods you made help with the fit. I've not knit those yet for the fit reasons. Yes, everyone needs an easy sock! I bet whomever the hat is for will love it, that yarn is so soft!!

Thanks for the sprog update :)

Discoknits said...

"Mullet" Jaywalkers! Love'em.
Hope the babe turns for you. Man, that's going to be ouchy.

turtlegirl76 said...

I just love that you call them your Reverse Mullet Jaywalkers. It cracks me up. They're going to be a great pair of socks. They'll make you smile every time you can see your feet again!