Sunday, February 19, 2012

Catching Up

I apologize for the radio silence - we have been a plague ship around here - in very quick rotation, Piper had a stomach bug, an eye infection, and then an ear infection - and then we all caught a chest and head cold.  Lovely.  The worst part of all this is only one of me or Andrew can take cold medicine because the other one has to get up with this kids.

Anyway, this post has been sitting her unwritten for a week - I uploaded the pictures and then life got in the way.  My friend Alicia spun some more fiber for me, and I can't get over how lovely it is:

P2112055

It's a little more purpley than it comes across in the photo.  It's a good thing that my Mom doesn't like to knit with wool, because if she did I think this yarn would be snatched up before I could even say, "Hey - that's mine!"

Close Up:

P2112056

I envision a pair of fingerless mittens with these - I believe Alicia said there was about 270 yards of dk weight yarn.  I'm not even sure where I got the fiber for this (no comments, Terilee) - but it's so incredible how Alicia spun it up - I wouldn't have expected this to have come from the bid wad of fiber I sent her.

Thank you, Alicia!  Once again, you do lovely work!

1 comment:

Discoknits said...

I'm always amazed at how fiber spins up too! A small miracle :0) Zonda has some great fiber posts with amazing transformations.