Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pumpkin Bisquick Waffles

Since we normally swear off pancakes for Lent, I am have trying to come up with other breakfast ideas for the interim. This morning, I decided to make pumpkin waffles. I know, I know - semantics - pancakes and waffles are not all that different, but it is just a tradition for us to not eat pancakes for Lent. I went to my now go-to stop for recipes, Pinterest, and first searched for quick waffles, but nothing piqued my interest. Next, I searched for bisquick waffles, and BINGO... I found this recipe. I inadvertantly changed it up by forgetting to write down an ingredient, so here is my version:

P3022662

Pumpkin Bisquick Waffles

2 1/3c Bisquick mix
1/2c canned pumpkin
1 1/2c skim milk
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 tsp pumpking pie spice
2 eggs

Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Make a pool in the middle of the dry indredients, and pour the wet ingredients in. Stir just to combine - don't over mix the batter. Bake in your waffle maker according to its directions. I poured about 3/4c of batter for each waffle, and we had 6 large waffles. If you are using Weight Watchers, each waffle is 6 Points Plus.

If your waffle maker makes smaller waffles, you may have more waffles when all the batter is used up. Did you notice what I forgot to include? No, not the nuts. Don't get me wrong - I love nuts, but they have no place in my waffles. I forgot the oil. The original recipe calls for 1/4c. of vegetable oil, and somehow I missed that when I was writing it down. I did spray my waffle maker with Pam, so my waffles didn't stick to the waffle maker.

And let me tell you, this recipe was toddler approved:

IMG_0250

Enjoy!

No comments: