Saturday, November 05, 2016

The Wishing Tree

Untitled

While on vacation on Hornby Island in August, my sisters and I went down to beachcomb (and drink) at Sandpiper Beach, not far from our vacation house.  It was very quiet - in fact, it was taken the same night as the previous post.  As we moved down the shoreline, we saw this one tree that had shells hanging from it, like Christmas ornaments. Someone told us that it was a wishing tree - you make a wish and hang your shell from the tree.  So I did.

Untitled

To be honest, I don't remember what I wished for.  I was just happy to have some time alone with my sisters, because we only get to see each other once a year.  The memory loss also may have something to do with that bottle of gin and tonic in the green bottle behind me.

Untitled

It was a good night.

No comments: