Saturday, July 23, 2005

Just my luck

Well, today started like a good day... My group at work was given tickets to sit in my company's luxury suite for this afternoon's Phillies vs. Padres game. I took my father-in-law with us and we were having a great time... and then this happened:


Just my luck Posted by Picasa

I got hit in the bum by a fly ball hit by the Phillies' pitcher Flanagan Tejada! It is high on my left cheek a few inches below my waist and it stings like a bitch! It's bound to turn many colours in the next few days as well. The dumb thing is that I thought it was coming at me in *my* seat - so I moved a seat over, expecting it to bounce (I had no glove or hat in which to catch the ball). Oh well... at least we won the game...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No bikini for you at the lake!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice bum! Where ya from??

Anonymous said...

Jo,

I really enjoy reading your blog- it always makes me smile the way that you write- it reminds me of notes passed in chemistry class:) I would love to see you if you are in Vancouver- I think you arrive today :)