Friday, December 08, 2006

Willow's Big Sweater

Finished! I love knitting kids' clothes - the quick satisfaction of it all :)



Yes, it's a bit big for her and the sleeves are rolled up two times, but I'm so happy that she insisted on wearing it this morning :) The pattern is from Ann Budd's multiple gauge pattern book, and the only deviation this time was not as many decreases as called for due to the bulkiness of the yarn. This is the second smallest child's size - I think 26" chest, and it took a little less than 3 skeins of Lion Brand Thick and Chunky yarn.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come she looks like she could do nothing bad??
Love & Hugs

Trillian42 said...

It's a beautiful color on her! What a great sweater!

Zonda said...

That is perfect! It'll last a long while! Love the color! Nice work there! :)

Jae said...

There is something so satisfying about a quick knit! I'm getting ready to start a small baby sweater. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours!

cpurl17 said...

Your Mom is right! It's like you have a little angel living with you. The sweater is so pretty!

aija said...

What a great color! Nothing is a better compliment than a child who loves their handknits-- great job :)

Ginny said...

Very nice. I love the colour.

weezalana said...

Great job and what a fabulous color! Bigger is better - she'll be able to wear it next year, too!

Woman who knits said...

Tha tis fantastic! I'll have to find that pattern! My Beast needs a sweater like that!! =)

Jo said...

Thank you for all the compliments :) I think of all the things I have made for Willow I like this one the best.

PURLPOWER said...

Ooh it's a beaut too. I love that deep red colour.