Saturday, July 14, 2007

Best Laid Plans

I had this plan for a really cool contest - I am on vacation right now, and yesterday I took a picture of a world famous hotel that was outside the Customs building as I waited to be let into the country... I was going to post the picture, have people guess from the photo where I was, and then send the winner a postcard from said location.

However, I cannot seem to download pictures from my camera onto my host's computer. Bah humbug!

Anyhow, I am taking lots of cool pictures, and you will all just have to wait until I get home to see them.

And the photo? The Empress Hotel - downtown Victoria, British Columbia.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new memory stick for your camera is so big that one little picture could not find it's way out. The bread crumb trail was too long. Love, Dad

Batty said...

Beautiful hotel!

I hope the pictures can be coaxed off your camera. Cooperate, little camera, we're all insanely curious over here!

Jo said...

Very funny, Dad! I tried uploading a driver onto my parents' computer and that wouldn't work, either. Oh well. I'll have to take my Mom's camera out as well and take duplicate prints so I can put them on the blog.

tara said...

Too bad about the pics. I would have had a good shot at winning with the Emperess photo. Have fun.

LadyLungDoc said...

In addition to Beehive, see if you can make to to Boutique de Laine in Oak Bay!

SuzannaBanana said...

I remember seeing the Empress Hotel when I was a child, and I remember thinking that an actual empress lived there and that she must've been upset that we were trampling all over her home.