Saturday, July 07, 2007

Off to Dulaan Today

These babies will be in the mail to the Dulaan people:



It looks like I will be a little late for this year's container - I misread the flyer and though the stuff had to be there by July 15th, not July 1st - but I know they will get there eventually. There are 11 hats, 2 pairs of mittens, and 1 sweater. Yes, that is the sweater I had knit for Willow, but she wore it once and by the time the cool weather rolls around again, it will be two small on her... so better someone else gets some use out of it.

**************************************

People, it is going to be ungodly hot here today. 95'F and high humidity... Yes, I know that us nothing on the scale that some of the western states are going through, but beastly nonetheless. Do you know how hard it is to find indoor things to do in the summer for kids? I mean, if it were just me and Andrew, we would just walk through the mall, maybe catch a movie or two... but you can't do that with a kid and keep your sanity. A few of my co-workers had mentioned The Crayola Factory, but I found out that it would be a nearly two hour drive. It sure looks like a lot of fun, but I think I will keep that idea until the fall when the weather will be nicer.

You know what the ironic thing is? On days like this, I *like* going to work. I will be in happy air conditioning all day (at someone else's expense), get to talk to my friends, not have to wear sunscreen (I am very fair-skinned and wear it religiously but hate the feel/smell of it), and not have to worry about Willow being overheated or bored. Why does this heat have to happen on a weekend!?!!?

2 comments:

Zonda said...

I hate the heat too! Gah, hate going outside, etc!

Nice knits there, who knows, it still could get there in time!

Batty said...

Pretty knitting, I'm sure it'll get there eventually.

The heat is getting to me too. All I want to do is lie around and sleep all day.