Wednesday, April 22, 2009

WiP It Wednesday...

... Damn!

Make that finished object Wednesday! I finished my Kermit The Frog Socks last night, and I have known since I started on the second sock that these socks were not destined for me.

Kermit The Frog socks finished

Don't get me wrong, I love the colours, the size is right, and I love the style - but these socks told me they belonged to someone else. I will be giving them to the lucky recipient next week - we will have to see if she is surprised or not!

And, because I finished these socks, I can buy more yarn at MDSW! Who am I kidding? I would probably have bought more anyway - at this point I am considering yarn to be soft and colourful home insulation. A while ago I was looking through my stash, trying to decide what to make next, and I came to the decision that I needed to make something with the yarn I bought at last year's MDSW before buying anything new.

The Particulars:

Yarn: Puckerbrush Farms Superwash Merino (no colourway listed)
Pattern: Ann Budd's basic sock pattern in Ladies M
Needles: 2 - 24" Addi circulars in size 2

I've come to the conclusion that I prefer to knit socks with two 16" circulars rather than 24" ones - I was constantly annoyed by the extra length of needles.

Here is a garden update - my pilfered squash!

Cheddar spaghetti squash

I bought a Cheddar Spaghetti Squash from Linvilla Orchards last year - it looked just like a normal one, but the flesh was bright orange. It tasted like normal squash as well, but I liked the novelty of the orange "noodles." So, I saved some of the seeds and planted them about 10 days ago - this is the only one of the four that took. Now I need to figure out where to plant it outside.

I need to get off the computer - this is what the sky looks like right now:

April stormy sky

Yikes!

7 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Man, if a cheddar spaghetti squash TASTED like cheddar... LOL

Can't wait to see you at MDSW!!! Are you staying overnight down here?

Zonda said...

Cool, here I thought only a yellow color was for spaghetti squash. Can't wait to see yours. Great looking socks too, lucky recipient!

Bezzie said...

Ooo! I can't wait to see your squash too!!

tara said...

You say you knew the socks werent for you? Why? Cute color.
Cheddar squash. That makes me giggle.

Terilee said...

Love the socks - I hope the lucky recipient does too!

With your stash as insulation, that's going to be a toasty home next winter!

turtlegirl76 said...

Love the socks! And I'm sure your friend will too. It's funny how the knitting speaks to you isn't it?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those are such pretty socks! LUcky friend!!

Yay for stashbusting!