Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Finished Object... Um, Wednesday?

I have to say, not being in the office everyday has completely messed with my sense of calendar time. I have no clue what day it is other than it is a weekday because Willow has to go to school.

The Reverse Mullet Jaywalkers are finished!

P2161087

I actually finished them about a week before Piper arrived, but wasn't able to snap some good shots of the socks.

Close Up:

P2161089

I love the mix of the pink and white! It's funny, because I am so not a pink person, but this yarn called to me.

Another Close Up:

P2161090

The Particulars:

Pattern: A bastardized version of the Jaywalker pattern, with the chevron pattern in the front, plain stockinette in the back.
Needles: Size 1 Knitpicks 16" circulars
Yarn: TLS Dover Superwash Sock in the Crushed Candy colourway

Would I make this pattern again? Not sure yet - I mean, the modifications were easy enough, and certainly made the knitting go faster... but I haven't tried on the socks yet... Willow (the sneaky bum!) has tried them on and they are slightly big on her, which disheartens me on my chances of a good fit.

And what do you do with the baby while you are trying to take pictures of the finished objects?

P2161091

Put her at the other end of the blanket! And let me tell you - that was easier than trying to hold Piper and compose this post.

2 comments:

Zonda said...

Nice socks! Hoping they fit you. Awww baby hanging out with Momma! Cute :)

Michelle said...

I love the socks!