Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Milestones

We achieved two things today - first, Piper started using a pacifier!

P2281152

This has been a struggle - we went through 5 brands before we found two that she wouldn't choke on (the Nuk 0+ size and the Tommy Tippee Newborn small size). Here's to hoping she learns to self-soothe soon!

Secondly, Piper had her first bottle today, courtesy of Willow!

P2281157

I had a dentist appointment thgis afternoon and my mother-in-law babysat Piper. Piper's nursing schedule is still erratic (i.e., on demand), so I pumped enough for a small bottle this morning. However, Piper slept the entire time at Grandma's (despite getting a tongue bath from the dog!), so she never used the bottle. Willow begged to be the one to give Piper the bottle - and she did a great job of it!

7 comments:

Kaye said...

Hee!!! Seriously, the sibling shots are what get me! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

The two of them are so cute! I'm going to have to try those two brands of pacifiers - The Boy is choking on them, too.

tara said...

Great milestones. Cute little baby hands. I bet she smells great.

~RaenWa~ said...

They look so cute together. I can see she loves being a big sister.

Discoknits said...

Adorable! So lucky with the paci. My boys wouldn't take them, so I had to wait til they were 3 months til they could get their thumbs (which they both still self-soothe with!).

Michelle said...

So cute.....

kemtee said...

A stellar big sister, your Willow. :-)