Friday, January 20, 2012

Leggings FTW!

I kept Willow's baby clothes. For eight long years, I kept them washed and folded and in Rubbermaid bins. One thing I never considered while hoarding these clothes that I may end up having children in complete opposite seasons. True, both my girls were born during storms - but Willow a thunderstorm in July, and Piper an ice storm in February.

The itty-bitty baby clothes weren't much of a concern - newborn clothes are much alike, regardless of the season. However, now that Piper is wearing 12 month sized clothes, I have run into a problem. Willow's hand-me-down 12 month clothes are summer clothes. We had a high of 39'F today. I washed all of Willow's former 12-18 months clothes last weekend, and secretly lamented that there was so much cute stuff that Piper was just not going to have the opportunity to wear... but then I had an idea...

P1201974

Leggings! I bought some footless tights at Target and she wore them under these cute pink and white plaid/gingham short-alls. She looked adorable!

Here's another shot:

P1201975

I'm going to have to go back and find some footless tights in a few other colours - I have 3-4 other paid of short-alls I can dress her in now! Leggings FTW!

3 comments:

Kaye said...

Clever! I can't believe you held on to all of it though. I think that's what got us Moochie. I got rid of all of Chunky's clothes and BANG! Pregnant with Moochie!

Trillian42 said...

Heh. i've become addicted to BabyLegs. Itty bitty legwarmers? DON'T MIND IF I DO!

Trillian42 said...

Heh. i've become addicted to BabyLegs. Itty bitty legwarmers? DON'T MIND IF I DO!

And I'll be packing up Willow and Piper's stuff that you sent to Zoe to pass on to Bez 3.0 when she arrives. Passing on the Knittylove!