Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

Whew... it's only 5:19pm here in JoLand and I am ready to go to sleep...

Willow woke up a little before 6am this morning, crawled into bed with us and sniffled as if she were crying. Andrew asked her what was wrong and she whispered, "The Easter Bunny didn't come..." Uh, Willow? Go take another look in your room! So, she came back with this:



A Dora The Explorer book, the requisite chocolate bunny, a foam picture frame craft set, mini hairclips, a egg whistle, Peeps, a Cadbury egg, and assorted jelly beans and chocolate eggs. Someone told me recently that Peeps are made near here... however, I have lived here for five years now and have never tasted one. I honestly don't even know if they are sold in Canada.

The next two pictures are out of synch - I tried keeping these in order, but it's a tall task when you have a picture heavy post. We broke Lent by having pancakes for breakfast at a local diner, and after breakfast we went to an amazingly empty park so Willow could play (oh yeah - it was only about 7:45am at this point...) This isn't the best photo technically, but I love the expression on her face:



Here is a picture of Andrew and Willow in the diner. I am seeing more and more of a resemblance between those two...



After playing in the park and going for a long walk, we returned home to dress for the Easter service (sorry, no sunrise service here, Auntie Daryth!) and Easter Egg Hunt. Andrew's mom made Willow's Easter dress this year, and Willow enjoyed being decked out like a girl for a change.



We had to leave the chapel half way through the service - there were just so many people and Willow was getting very antsy - I let her dance when everyone was singing - but she wanted to talk (in a loud voice) while the sermon was going on... so we escaped and Willow claimed some Easter flowers as her personal castle:



After the service there was an Easter Egg Hunt, and it was lots of fun despite the older boys who attempted to abscond with a stash of eggs before the little kids even got their chance... and they know who they are (imagine me giving them the evil eye here...)

Project Spectrum photo op - she has an orange egg!



And some of the yellow daffodils and tulips and just-starting-to-bloom dogwoods in the backyard:



And lastly, since we haven't done this in a long while, Andrew's dad took a picture of us in front of some azaleas-to-be:



I had my hair dyed back to my original colour on Thursday... I had honestly forgotten it was this dark. I haven't recognized myself the last few days when I first wake up and look at myself in the mirror...

Happy Easter Everyone!

8 comments:

RennyBA said...

Happy Easter and thanks for sharing you're family gathering. It is as nice but quite different in the way we do it in Norway. Take a look at my blog if you like to know how :-)

chris said...

So glad to hear you had a wonderful Easter! I love the family pic of the three of you- it's nice to see a pic of all of you together. And I especially love the pic of Willow under the table at church. ;-) Poor Willow- I'm glad you were able to straighten out the whole Easter Bunny issue! Sounds like you all enjoyed a great day... take care, Jo! :-)

turtlegirl76 said...

You had her basket in plain sight and she didn't see it? Heh, musta been the sleepy seeds in her eyes. My parents always hid the basket too. We had to look for everything. Looks like you had a nice day! And your hair looks good! It does take some getting used to doesn't it? Even though it's your own color, when you go a while without seeing it frame your face, it's like a stranger in the mirror.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very happy easter. I spent mine in bed dosed up on painkillers but it wasn't all bad. I got to eat chocolate all day Easter Monday as I recuperated. Hope your final packaged reaches you a little quicker than last time. Love from Your KnittySP6xxx

Ginny said...

What nice photos! I saw Peeps in the store before Easter but didn't buy them as I had never seen them before. So, yes, they are available in Canada now.

Anonymous said...

*sniff* the Easter Bunny forgot that I was at Jaime's house.

Erin Gratz said...

What a cutie pie little girl!!! Looks like Easter was a smash at your house.

tara said...

I can sure the resemblance with A and Willow in their picture. That smile! And your hair!! Of course you look smashing but I will always think of you as a redhead.