Thursday, April 20, 2006

Last Week's Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday


Reach out a hand, and grab the book that is closest to you. Turn to page 231, or pick a page at random if the book isn't that long. Locate the first sentence of the last paragraph on that page.


  1. Type the sentence here: "My hand," the consul said, extending his hand.

  2. Does the sentence make sense out of context? Not particularly. I can understand extending your hand, but you don't usually announce its arrival.

  3. Does reading the sentence make you want to read the rest of the book? Why or why not? Meh. Not so much. I didn't have any books near me so I walked with my eyes closed to the bookshelf and pulled out the first book I touched. It was one of Andrew's books - Philip K. Dick's "The Man in the High Castle."

What am I reading right now?

Patricia Briggs' "Moon Called"; it's a werewolf story of a sort and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you had the new series of Dr Who broadcast over there? The most recent episode was about a werewolf. I've never been a sci fi or a Dr Who fan but the recent series have sucked me in by having two of my favourite actors playing Dr Who....now I'm hooked!

Love your Knittysp6xxx

ra said...

I can't remember "the man in the high castle" but I remember reading a shedload of Phillip K Dick books way back when I was at college and I thought they were great (though his attitude to women is a tad unfortunate)