Monday, March 07, 2011

Forgotten Finished Object: Sandra's Hat

Well, it looks like Cristi gets a second shout out in a row! Last Friday she had posted some pretty yarn on her blog, and I thought the colourway looked familiar - I had made something out of the same colourway (although in a different Malabrigo yarn base) earlier this year.

DSCN0620

I knit this hat for my friend, Sandra, who is undergoing chemotherapy right now. I wanted something pretty, simple, relatively thin, and exceptionally soft - and this hat fit the bill perfectly. Here's a close up of how the hat decreased:

DSCN0623

The Particulars:

Pattern: Halfdome from Knitty Summer 2006.
Yarn: Malabrigo Silky Merino in the Archangel colourway
Needles: US Size 4 16" circulars and dpns
Modifications: I decided to go with a 2x2 ribbing on the brim rather than the rolled edge, thinking the ribbing made the hat look more feminine.

Would I make this pattern again? In a heartbeat - it's very easy, the decreases make for a great look, and it fits very well.

***********************************************

An obligatory Piper picture - would you believe she was a screaming, whirling dervish about 3 minutes before this picture was taken?
P3061167

2 comments:

Discoknits said...

Oh, I'd believe it alright! Those small people are so temperamental ;0)
The hat is very pretty. I bet it is soooo soft.

Michelle said...

I love the colors in the hat and it looks sooo soft. The pictures of Piper all snuggly is too cute.