Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Tuesday Randomness and Half a Prompt

PA290881

This is one of the trees outside of my local public library, and I love how the colours change on these trees. At any given time there are 5-6 colours involved, and each tree seems to change at a different rate. And for some reason, the leaves don't tend to fall off these trees unless there is a very strong wind, so in the end you get the spooky sound of the wind whistling through the paper-dry leaves.

*****************************

I was going to try the NaBloPoMo blog prompt this morning, but find I won't have much to say about it. This is the prompt:

Tell us the story of a piece of jewelry you own. Where did it come from, and what does it mean to you?

Other than my wedding band, I don't wear jewelry. I like my wedding band - I picked it out since Andrew was having breathing fits every time we went into a jewelry store and saw the prices. We have matching gold and platinum striped bands - very plain, and that's just the way I like it. The odd thing about it is since the band was purchased in Japan, on the inside it says the size is 17. And, while my fingers are short and stubby, my fingers aren't quite that sausage-like. That Japanese size 17 equates to about a size 7 (I believe) in North American ring sizes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jo, beautiful tree for sure and I don't think anyone wants to know about my Walmart watch or simple wedding band either as it is the only two pieces I wear. Maybe there will be a better one tomorrow. Have a great day.
Odie

Kaye said...

Why did I think that blogeveryday was October? I swear it was in the past! Oh well, I've never been one for bandwagons--or maybe I just jumped the first one leaving the station last month!

My wedding band is a size 4. I was a child bride! I can still get it off, but my upper finger is still bigger than where my ring sits!

kemtee said...

I've already fallen off the NaMoBloWhatever thing. I always have the best intentions….

7 is a normal size, I thought. I always figured I had (had being the operative word there) abnormally skinny fingers at a 6. Now I can't get my friggin' wedding band OFF.