Wednesday, November 10, 2010

WiP It Wednesday

I had hoped to have better pictures taken in daylight to show off the current WiPs, but unfortunately, with the time change, I didn't get home until it was dark out. I think I need to set up one of those light boxes I have seen on some people's blogs to take better lit pictures.

WiP #1: Willow's Mi Escuelita sweater

PB100918

The only things I have left to finish here is the shawl collar on the sweater, sew up the underarms, and sew on the buttons. If you look closely, you can probably see how the two sleeves are fraternal. Let's not tell Willow about that...

WiP #2: Autumn Socks

PB100917

I have to say - I haven't liked these socks from the start. I started them when I was going away on a business trip - I needed some mindless plain jane socks to knit on the airplane, so I pulled out the first skein I could find in the stash that was already wound. I'll finish the socks - it's always good to have a fallback mindless knitting project - but I will definitely be giving these ones to charity.

WiP #3: Cheryl's Baby Sweater

PB100916

I'll be finishing knitting this sweater tonight - the only thing left to finish is 12 rows of 2x2 ribbing on the sleeve. I still need to get some buttons, but I won't be able to get to Hayes until Friday at the earliest. Cheryl is a co-worker of mine whose baby girl is due 12/30, so I've made some good time here. I have plenty of yarn left over, so I think I should be able to come up with matching hat and booties as well.

3 comments:

Zonda said...

Willow's sweater is going to look so good on her. I promise not to let her in on the sleeves (which I can't tell!) Bummer on not liking the socks though :(

turtlegirl76 said...

Yay! The end is in sight for Mi Escuelita! Woo!

SuzannaBanana said...

I love the color of Willow's sweater. It's going to look beautiful on her.