Sunday, November 17, 2013

Finished Object: A Time To Reap Mitts

Aren't these gorgeous?

  IMG_1121

 These mitts were a test knit for my extremely talented friend, Melissa, and I have to say I am happy that they are one of the first lace pieces I have knit without having to rip them back! Well, I did have to rip part of them back, but it had absolutely nothing to do with the lace!

  IMG_1122

 The mitts are intended to be slouchy and feminine at the same time.

  IMG_1124

 And as far as I am concerned, they are a perfect match for Willow.

The Particulars:

Pattern: A Time to Reap by Melissa Schaschwary
Yarn: Three Isish Girls Kells Sport in Riley
Needles: Size 2 and 3 Knitpicks DPNs and 16" circulars (I knit them with 2 circulars like I do with socks)
Modifications: I made these for Willow, so I deliberately shortened the sleeve length and length between thumb and last lace portion. Then I inadvertantly shortened the length of the last garter stitch portion by reading the wrong part of the pattern. Design feature, people!
Would I knit this pattern again? Absolutely! I want a pair of these for me!

  IMG_1123

 Wouldn't you want a pair, too?!

No comments: