Saturday, November 02, 2013

First Family 5K

DSCN1049

 This morning, Andrew, Willow, and I walked the Brandywine Y's first 5K race - our first 5K as a family. Piper was there, too - and you can see by the look on her face how much she enjoyed it... She was okay for the first 20 minutes, but then after that she wasn't interested in looking in other people's leftover Halloween decorations and the pretty foliage. All in all, we were timed at 53:45, which was a little more than 17 minutes per mile. This was slower than my time of 51 minutes a few weeks ago, but then again, I was pushing 50 pounds of toddler and stroller in this race, so I will accept the extra 3 minutes! I really hope we can do this again as a family soon - although I don't know how much longer we will be able to manage this with Piper in a stroller (sneaker bugger knows how to undo her seatbelt straps!)

No comments: