Monday, March 05, 2007

Tantrums

I was looking for a cool synonym for temper tantrum, but came up with this word in my search:

******************************************************
Word of the Day 12:
disapprobation
noun
- an expression of strong disapproval; pronouncing as wrong or morally culpable; "his uncompromising condemnation of racism" [ant:
approbation]

WordNet® 2.1, © 2005 Princeton University
******************************************************

My daughter threw the mother of all temper tantrums this morning. I know she is coming off the ear infection and is stressed (as we all are) about moving, but every single bleeding thing this morning set her off in a yelling/crying jag. I had kind of hoped that at nearly 5 reason would have taken a stronger hold...

I want to knit so bad but all my knitting stuff is already packed up :(

Edited to add...

I wanted to remind all new people of my to-be-announced blog contest. If you have stumbled back here because I left a comment on your blog for the first time within the last 17 days, you are eligible for the contest. Come back Thursday for the announcement!

4 comments:

Batty said...

Tantrums are such a pain in the neck. I hope she feels better soon and reason makes an appearance!

Annie said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm sorry for the tantrum, they're tough- my sister in law lives in this teeny village in the UK and once when I was visiting, my nephew (just 2 at the time) pitched the mother of all fits and threw himself on the floor in a store- so she just kept shopping and left him there!! HA HA!! He finally realized it wasn't working and gave up. Of course, everyone knows literally everyone in this village, so it's safe to do that- here I'd be too worried...

Hang in there!!

Bezzie said...

Yeah don't feel bad. Chunky was a little imp during the move too. It's so hard for them. I remember moving at 7 and it sucking. I can't imagine what it's like for them!

AuntieAnn said...

We're in-between the toddler tantrums and the teenage snits -- for now. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am looking forward to seeing your new swift (DH is making me one) and your new house!