Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Look Ma! (And Blogstalking...)

For a minute there I thought I was going to have a good excuse for buying a new digital camera... I had looked high and low and it was nowhere to be found. Silly Andrew found it somewhere today... note to self... find a better hiding spot next time! I really want to get a camera that I can take macro shots with!!

My Mom wanted some more pictures of the house - although I have to be honest and say we are still living in a sea of boxes. We have managed to sort of clean up the kitchen and living room, but they are by no means put together yet.

Here is the living room:



Nice floors, huh? Neither of those bookcases will be in those spots when all is said and done, but we needed something in the meantime to put the TV on. We haven't had cable hooked up yet, so all we have been watching are DVDs. From this vantage point I swung around 180' to the left and here is a picture of my kitchen:



I need to get a bakers rack or something like that because I need more storage space. See the door there in the corner? That is the door to the sun room. The door to the basement is just past the refrigerator on the extreme right.

And now for the blogstalking! I haven't done this in quite some time due to the packing, move, and subsequent unpacking - but I knew this was a topic I could make a quick post on. The subject is 'Spring Changes' and I bring you... clumps of weeds in my backyard!



This weed - a horrible designation, but true - grows in nearly everyone's yard here in Delaware. What is it? Come on Dad, you can guess... It's wild garlic. It is sort of more like chives, but when you mow over it there is the definite smell of garlic in the air. I have never tried to actually eat it - but maybe one of these days when I am making mashed potatoes I will go clip myself some and see what it turns out like.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am terribly jealous of your wood flooring. How beautiful! It's rare to see that darker wood.

Eek, snow still on the ground? Seeing your weeds reminds me of how happy I am that we don't have a yard. Amazing - I can kill houseplants in a heartbeat, but the weeds never die...

Bezzie said...

Yay for new places to live! Looks like a really nice place.

Wild garlic huh? I'd probably be eating it! Ha ha!

Batty said...

Very nice place, all warm and cozy-looking with the hardwood floors and nice kitchen.

And you have grass. Yay for spring!

SuzannaBanana said...

Ooh! You could put a hanging pot rack over the stove, the kind where the top side of it is a shelf. You'd free up room in the cabinets and gain a shelf for cookbooks, all without using up any wall space.

"...the door to the sunroom." I've always wanted to be able to say that. Any good plans for the sunroom?

Jenn said...

Your living room is super cute! I love the floors!

And thanks for commenting on my hat a while back. I've been kinda swamped with school and work stuff so I have neglected those the have commented or emailed me.

I look forward to checking out your blog when I get back on a regular reading schedule! :)

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Jenn