Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New Toys (but no pictures! ARGH!)

I have the best knitting group in the world. My friends in my knitting group gave me a ball winder and a swift fashioned from recycled walnut furniture as a housewarming present. I would love to show you pictures, but my husband has the camera at the moment. I promise I will post some pictures tomorrow. I can't wait to unpack my stash and unwind many skeins!

***************************************************
Word of the Day 13:
gasconade
Pronunciation [gas-kuh-neyd]
noun, verb, -ad·ed, -ad·ing.
–noun
1.
extravagant boasting; boastful talk. –verb (used without object)
2.
to boast extravagantly; bluster.

[Origin: 1700–10; from F gasconnade, deriv. of gasconner to boast, chatter. See Gascon, -ade1] —Related forms
gas·con·ad·er, noun


Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
***************************************************

I hope all of you can deal with my gasconade; I have the coolest friends :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed to have friends like that indeed! Congrats on the new toys and the new house!

Batty said...

Great gift. What a way to 'inaugurate' a new knitty house!