Sunday, March 18, 2007

We're back!

Mind you, the computer is a cold basement and I've done absolutely no knitting in the last week, but we're back!

The weird thing about our house - apparently no one had updated the electrical outlets in a while - so the rooms that had cable jacks for the broadband service didn't have three-pronged outlets, and the rooms with three-pronged outlets didn't have cable jacks. We plan to get a wireless connection soon, but for the time being the computer had to go in the basement... which in itself only has one free outlet, which we found out the hard way is controlled by the light switch at the top of the stairs.

I'm itchin' to knit, but most of that stuff is still packed away - and I don't think I am going to hit my goal of having a major finished object in March... let alone a hat for Dulaan. I've been catching up on a lot of reading, however - we don't have the TV set up yet, so I have gone through 3-4 paperbacks in the last week before going to bed.

Pictures of the partially set up house to come soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least plugins are easy to change.....

Cathy said...

Sorry about the work ahead and all that UNPACKING but at least you are there :) Good luck and don't forget to take care of you!

Zonda said...

Glad you are moved in! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Now the fun begins----unpacking and arranging things just the way you want them. At least you can still connect to the internet--albeit, very slow; but at least you'll be connected and can keep us updated on your progress. How does it feel being a new homeowner? I think it ranks up there with getting married and having babies! :)

SuzannaBanana said...

Congratulations, homeowner! Oh, I remember it well. "There's only one working outlet in the bedroom? And it's in the closet? Where do I plug in the alarm clock?!?"

Batty said...

Yay! You're back! Have fun unpacking and getting settled in!